Friday, March 18, 2011

Infertility: The Diagnosis

Psalms 113:9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.
http://biblehub.com/psalms/113-9.htm

Infertility often strikes us as something that can not happen to us. Not my family, of course not me. I was made to be a mom. How could I not have children? I was born to have children. I’ve longed for this day for so long.

Yet, we find ourselves leaving the doctor’s office bewildered with a diagnosis of infertility. Honestly, it doesn’t matter the reason the medical professionals said we can’t have children, only the outcome. Do I care if I have endometriosis, PCOS or two blocked tubes? Not really. What matters is the bottom line – will I be able to bear children?

When my doctor came to the realization that the only way I would possibly conceive would be through IVF, I knew this infertility thing was serious. It wasn’t a fad; it wasn’t going to just pass by without me being active about my health. I decided to make a conscious decision to not be defeated by medical terminology.

Did I join a gym? No. Did I go on a diet? Not really.

I became active about my health by activating my faith in God. I knew this was a job for Him. There was nothing that I could do medically to change my condition, but I knew a God that was able to heal all sickness and diseases.

I knew he was able to help me become fertile. I knew prayers worked. I knew believing God for the impossible was not a joke or a silly little tale someone told me in Sunday School when I was young.

My mother suffered from infertility and then multiple miscarriages. I remember hearing the old people say that they prayed for her to have children and then they had to pray for her to stop having them. My mom gave birth to four children. I am a result of prayer and faith in God. My siblings are a result of my parents’ faith in God. If it were not for them activating their faith, my siblings and I would not be here, neither would my nieces and nephews.

Believing God for what human beings say is impossible delights God to work on your behalf. 

Don’t get caught up in the diagnosis, believe the one that can heal you.

No comments:

Post a Comment